Golf Market Manager
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. The Golf Market Manager is responsible and accountable for the conceptualization, planning, and implementation of effective, customer focused, and commercially accepted Strategic Marketing Plans providing short term (0-3 years) strategy for the professional golf market segment. The Marketing Plans include all aspects relating to fungicide products, pricing, positioning, promotion, project, and portfolio management. Additionally, this role will lead the assigned segment teams and provide the overall direction and leadership in support of the “go to market” strategy for the product portfolio. Ability to execute both ‘pull’ strategy to golf course superintendents and ‘push’ strategy with key distributor partners. This role is instrumental in achieving the business segment targets within budgeted expenses and thus contributes significantly to the overall success of the Professional Solutions business and the achievement of its financial goals and objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing and or relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of product launch processes.
- Understanding of product positioning and segmentation
- Understanding of product development processes preferred
- Understanding of regulatory processes and time-lines preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the golf market
- Good decision quality with a strong ability to balance issues and reach an appropriate decision using of sound judgment.
- Working knowledge of financial information and analyses related to Gross Margin, NPV, and EBIT
- Effective written and oral communication skills with emphasis on presentation skills for product launches, product positioning and sales force training.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a changing and challenging environment
- Ability to thrive and effectively operate in a highly dynamic and informal environment
Market Specialist, Mid-Atlantic
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds, and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. This Market Specialist role is responsible for representing FMC Professional Solutions in the Mid-Atlantic to create demand and maximize sales for the Turf and Ornamental business. The successful individual will collaborate with cross functional teams such as marketing, key account management, product development and other departments to generate demand for FMC products. This position is responsible for working with both end-users and distributors within their territory, to position products, introduce new brands and train customers on proper application and stewardship.
- 5+ years of sales or agriculture, golf, lawncare or ornamental industry experience
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently in a remote location
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience fostering a sense of teamwork and collaboration with others
- Awareness of FMC Professional Solutions products, their purpose, and customers
- Interest in working in the golf, lawncare and ornamental industry
- A willingness to learn new markets and identify opportunities within them
- Analytical skills to understand key competitive products and recognize competitive opportunities and risks
- Comfortable presenting information to both large and small audiences
- Understanding of market dynamics; can develop/recommend specific actions
- Applies analytical approach to competitive market information
- Recognizes issues and problems and takes action to solve
- Ability to develop relationships and support with local accounts
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments with review from management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with middle to senior management
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with and comfortable using Microsoft Suite including PowerPoint and Outlook
Sports Turf Internship at Little League International
We are looking to hire Sports Turf Interns for the Summer of 2023 that would run from May 1 through August 30 (flexible based on availability) and earns $15 per hour for 35 hours per week. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Turf & Groundskeeper. Free on-site housing is available with a signed housing agreement. Applicants must be willing to comply with all Covid-19 safety protocols and pass all applicable background checks. Click here to see more information about the position.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SPORTS TURF INTERN
- Applicant must be currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Agronomy, Turf Grass Management or related field
- Excellent work ethic
- Knowledge of baseball field dimensions and layout, preferred
- General knowledge of operating and maintaining grounds keeping equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting
- Must pass criminal background check
- Flexible work schedule including holidays, evenings, and weekends, as needed
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and rain
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you feel that you would be right for this position, please apply at https://www.teamworkonline.com....